Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hi There,
We are about to start another year filled with fun, friends, and adventure. We all have our personal goals for the year ,some of us more than others. I started the year by riding half way up Mt Diablo on one of the nicest days I can remember. With a little good luck and motivation I'll be able to improve upon that. I've already planned my events for the first part of the year with some of them being what I've always done. I have decided to ride in a couple of new areas this year ,and I'm open to suggestions for other rides .One of the places I plan to visit is Moab this spring for a few days of mtb riding and site seeing. The other new ride I plan to go on is the "Mountain Lakes Challenge" road ride in Ashland Oregon.
It is my hope that this "blog " will be a way for some of us ( who don't see one another that often ) to stay in touch throughout the year. Maaaaybeeee we will even show up at the same events and ride together. The Death Ride is still on and I have reserved the campsites needed. I don't know if I've been selected to ride yet,but it doesn't really matter since I'll just hang out in Markleeville and watch all the action while having a cold one. Those of you that I talked to about participating in the DR know who you are. There's still time to register,and if you choose not to ride you can still come hang out with us..........
The first ride of the year is "Party Pardee" . Look it up in Western States Ride Calander,here's the link http://www.bbcnet.com/RideCalendar/RideListDate.asp
It's a relatively easy ride , with live music at the finish.
See you out there...........Milt

1 comment:

John Pelster said...

Hey Milt,
I was on the mountain myself New Year's Day. I hope to see you around and I'll keep my eye on this site.